Aquaman has topped Wonder Woman to become the highest-grossing DC superhero.
After a month of release, the DC Extended Universe film will pass $900 million (£707m), over $200 million (£157m) more than Justice League made in its entire run in theatres and taking the top spot from Batman v. Superman: Dawn Of Justice.
Right now, the success of Aquaman is down in large part to international box office takings, bringing in $650 million (£510m) thanks to oversees fans, and $238.3 million (£187m) in two weeks of release in the US.
The sixth film in the DC Extended Universe posted the lowest domestic opening of the six previous films, but with excellent good word of mouth the film may even become the first DC film to top $1 billion (£786m).
DC Extended Universe box office ranking
1. Aquaman — $887.6M (total foreign + domestic) $238.3M (just domestic)
2. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice — $873.6M (total) $330.4M (domestic)
3. Wonder Woman — $821.8M (total) $412.6M (domestic)
4. Suicide Squad — $746.8M (total) $325.1M (domestic)
5. Man of Steel — $668.0M (total) $291.0M (domestic)
6. Justice League $657.9M (total) $229.0M (domestic)
It was a smart move by Warner Bros to open internationally first, as the comic book hero has swam into an excellent position thanks to word of mouth and buzz after the success of the film in China.
By mid-December, $200 million (£157m) of the oversees takings were from the Chinese box office.
Got a showbiz story?
If you've got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us email@example.com, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.