Politics

Iraq War Veteran Demands People Stop Using His Image in Anti-Trump Propaganda

Army veteran Bobby Henline on Monday lashed out at individuals using his image to spread “propaganda,” after a magazine report published last week claimed, citing anonymous sources, that President Donald Trump had spoken disparagingly about fallen U.S. military personnel.

Henline, an Iraq war veteran, published a video clip on several social media platforms demanding that people stop using his photograph to promote political “propaganda.”

It followed a report by magazine The Atlantic, published Thursday, that claimed the president in 2018 made disparaging remarks about Marines buried at Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris, France. The report also claimed he turned down a trip to visit the cemetery because he feared his hair would become disheveled in rain.

View this post on Instagram

#greenscreen damn it people! Stop using my image. President Trump lets do lunch. #trump2020

A post shared by Bobby Henline (@bobby_henline) on Sep 7, 2020 at 4:33am PDT

Retired Army Staff Sgt. Henline, of San Antonio, Texas, in his video points to a meme which uses his image with the caption: “Trump says hes a loser. I say hes a hero! What do you say?”

The veteran, who suffered 38 percent burns to his body when his vehicle was destroyed by a roadside bomb in Iraq in 2007, said he had nothing to do with the post. Henline lost four of his comrades in the attack. He now works as a motivational speaker and a stand-up comedian.

“I dont know what Trump said, but I am sure he didnt call me a loser. I didnt hear him call me a loser, so this has got to stop. Stop using my image,” Henline said. “Thats my face. Im here to tell you, its not true.”

“Look at that. People, stop using me for your propaganda, for your agenda,” he added. “Im not here for that.”

He called on the individuals who have used his image to take them down, branding them “lowlifes.” It is not clear who created the meme referred to by Henline in the clip, however it appears to have been shared on the MSNBC Rachel Maddow fan group.

“Fox News, call me, somebody, lets get this out there on a bigger platform, so people will know not to use me, not put a face to whatever this is they think he said,” Henline said. “Its ridiculous. Stop the [expletive]. Lets move on, Im not part of all this.”

“Damn it people! Stop using my image. President Trump lets do lunch. #trump2020,” he wrote on Instagram.

The president last week refuted the report that relied entirely on anonymous sources, calling it a “disgrace” and “fake news.”

“If they really exist, if people really exist that would have said that, theyre lowlifes and theyre liars. And I would be willing to swear on anything that I never said that about our fallen heroes,” Trump told reporters in Maryland Thursday. “There is nobody that respects them more.”

Four other on-the-record sources also rebutted the report. Sarah Sanders, the former White House press secretary, said in a statement that it “is total BRead More From Source

Show More

Related Articles